Dialogue with Shareholders
In compliance with the “Basic Policy for Corporate Governance” and through constructive dialogue with its shareholders, the Company will make efforts to achieve sustainable corporate growth and improvement of corporate value on a medium- to long-term basis.
Policy for Constructive Dialogue with Shareholders
- The officer responsible for and the division in charge of IR will respectively handle dialogue with the shareholders, and requests for interviews, if any, will be dealt with to the extent reasonable for the purpose.
- When holding dialogue, efforts will be made to ensure appropriate responses in cooperation with the President & CEO, senior management executives and related departments,
- Explanatory meetings for investors, exchange parties with shareholders following general shareholders’ meetings and questionnaires for shareholders will be conducted regularly in addition to the general shareholders’ meeting with the aim of enhancing the opportunities of dialogue with the shareholders.
- Opinions and concerns of the shareholders collected through the dialogue will be summarized and fed back to the senior management executives, Board of Directors and related divisions for sharing and utilization of the information.
- When holding the dialogue, insider information will be strictly controlled in compliance with applicable internal regulations.
- To contribute to constructive dialogue with the shareholders, a survey of substantial shareholders will be conducted when deemed necessary to enable the Company to comprehend the structure of its shareholders.
State of Efforts made for Activation of General Shareholders’ Meetings and Smoother Exercise of Voting Rights
Appropriate measures will be taken to ensure that the rights of the shareholders including the right to vote at the general shareholders’ meetings are substantially secured.
- 1A general shareholders' meeting held outside of days when other companies concentrate theirs
- The Company makes an effort every year to hold its general shareholders' meeting prior to the days when other companies concentrate their shareholders' meetings so that as many shareholders as possible may attend the general shareholders' meeting.
- 2Early dispatch of Notice of Convocation
- The Company recognizes that the general shareholders' meeting is an important organization for deciding its fundamental policies and also a place for constructive dialogue with the shareholders.
Accordingly, the Company tries to dispatch the notice of convocation at an early date and publicizes the notice on the Company's website concurrently to enable the shareholders to secure time to fully study the agenda.
- 3Preparation of notice of convocation in multiple languages
- English version (summary) of the notice of convocation is prepared in addition to the notice in Japanese.
- 4Diversified means to exercise voting rights
- The Company accepts voting rights exercised by electronic means and by the use of the electronic voting platform of Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc. to enable the shareholders not attending the general shareholders' meeting to exercise their voting rights in an appropriate manner.
Resolutions at General Shareholders’ Meeting
Please refer to the Information on the General Shareholders’ Meeting for the number of the voting rights for and against the respective matters for resolution and the number of abstentions from voting as well as the results of the resolutions.
Enhancement of Information Disclosure
- The Company will set standards and procedures related to its disclosure of information and try to communicate information to the shareholders and other stakeholders promptly and accurately.
- The Company will voluntarily disclose to the extent possible and publicize on the Company’s website even information that does not fall under the categories of the material facts prescribed in laws and ordinances or security listing regulations but is considered to influence the investment decisions of the shareholders and investors or to be useful for enhancing their understanding of the Company.
- For shareholders and investors abroad, an English version (summary) of the notice of convocation of the general shareholders’ meeting will be publicized on the Company’s website while efforts will be made to disclose other information and materials in several languages.
Enhancement of Dialogue with Shareholders
An exchange party is held with the shareholders following the general shareholders’ meeting to communicate with them in an active manner. KITO’s products are exhibited at the exchange party site for better understanding of the products by shareholders.