KITO has established an Environment Policy and has been engaging in various activities including the provision of environmentally friendly products in order to mitigate the environmental burden in all of our business activities.
Kito Corp. operates and provides products and services in the materials-handling market in ways that help build a prosperous, sustainable society in which people live in harmony with the earth.
Code of conduct
Through our operations and product life cycles, we set goals to reduce environmental impact and prevent pollution, continuously improve our management systems, and make every effort to preserve the environment.
- Response to climate change
We reduce energy consumption and greenhouse-gas emissions.
- Chemical management
We continuously reduce the use of substances that have significant effect on people and the earth, and replace them with non-toxic alternatives.
- Sustainable use of resources
We understand the limits of natural resources and apply conservation and recycling to use them more effectively.
- Attention to biodiversity
We work to reduce impact on species diversity and preserve the biosphere.
- Legal compliance
We strictly comply with all environment-related laws and other rules we have agreed to follow.
1. ISO certification
At KITO, the Group's two largest manufacturing bases, the Head Office Factory (Japan) and the Jiangsu Factory (China), have acquired ISO 14001, the international certification for environmental management systems.
2. Handling of restricted substances
KITO has established its own set of restricted substances based on the RoHS Directive*1 and the Joint Industry Guideline*2 and has been promoting the "Non-inclusion of KITO's 15 prohibited substances."
Currently all standard manual chain hoists and electric chain hoists are in compliance with RoHS and REACH. In terms of the other products also, KITO is actively switching over to products that comply with the RoHS Directive as well as the "Non-inclusion of KITO's 15 prohibited substances."
* For the status of compliance of individual products with restrictions on hazardous substances including the RoHS Directive, please inquire with our sales reps.
- *1:RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) is a Directive issued by the European Union (EU) on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
- *2:The Joint Industry Guideline is a Guideline on the disclosure of chemical material composition issued by the EICTA (European Information and Communications Technology Industry Association), JPGSSI (Japan Green Procurement Survey Standardization Initiative), EIA (U.S. Electronic Industries Alliance) and JEDEC (Joint Electron Device Engineering Council).
3. Green Procurement Guidelines
KITO has established the Green Procurement Guidelines pursuant to the above Environment Policy and with the cooperation of its customers has been striving to mitigate the environmental burden.